Specializing in Selling Quality Used Bikes at Great Prices!
The Underground Bike Shop specializes in selling refurbished pre-owned bicycles. If you need a new (to you) bicycle, or repairs please give us a call.
Checklist of things to consider when choosing a new bike:
- Consider what type of bike you are looking for - a Mountain bike, Road bike, Hybrid bike or Cruiser.
- Consider your budget.
- Find the right size - A rule of thumb is the frame size should be about .65 times your inseam. If you have 25” inseam, you’d need a bike with a 16” frame. It is very important for your knees to not be completely straight or too bent when your pedal is in the 6:00 position.
- Decide on the handlebar type - Drop handle, Flat bar, Riser bar, or Mustache bar.
- Decide on brake type - Rim brakes, Disc brakes, Coaster brakes, Drum brakes.
- Take your bicycle prospect for a test ride before you buy to make sure the sizing is correct, it handles the way you like and it is comfortable.
Here is a great Infographic, thanks to LifeHacker, that could help you pick your next (or first!) bike.